What do you visualise when you think of someone meditating? Perhaps someone sitting cross-legged on the floor or on a cliff-top or in a yoga ashram with their eyes closed, hands resting in the lap or in the ‘mudra’ position? That’s all well and good if you’ve tried this method of meditation and it works for you. But I want to share with you today how to meditate through creative expression and by doing the things you love the most.
When we meditate, we are maintaining attention on one experience or one ‘thing’. What most people want from meditation is to cultivate a deeper connection with themselves and clarity of mind and body. We want to be the calm centre even if we are surrounded by the chaos of the storm and life can often feel stormy!
Watch this weeks video below to learn how to meditate using tools of creative expression.
In today’s video I share with you:
- What to do if the traditional form of meditation does not work for you
- The many forms of creative expression that we can use to meditate
- How to use Poetry and Nature to meditate
- What happens when you focus you attention on a natural object
Click the Video to Watch Now:
- What you chose to focus your attention on
- What you noticed after focusing awareness on one ‘thing’ for a longer period of time
- The poetry you felt inspired to write after meditating on your object!
- How this form of meditation worked for you
So leave a comment below the video, or on our Facebook Page (link below) or send me your meditative poem!…and I’ll post it on my website or the next Rhythmic Inspiration News!
Happy Creative Meditating!
Until next time…Keep Creating,
If you loved or liked this video and found it valuable, then share it on your fav social media sites~ Help spread the word for women to meditate in creative ways.